I grew up in Kingston, New York, graduating from Kingston High School in 1976, and later from the University of Wyoming in 1980. After attending the Southwestern University School of Law I became a law clerk at Ryan Roach & Ryan in 1984. I was admitted to practice law in New York in 1987, and have remained at Ryan Roach & Ryan as a partner concentrating in personal injury litigation, workers' compensation, real estate, wills, and DWI and vehicle & traffic matters.
Many of my clients are disabled or injured, and I find it rewarding to obtain benefits, money settlements and verdicts that strengthen their short term and long term financial security. I value working closely with my clients and the challenge of creating legal strategies to work out individual concerns. I am proud to be a partner in a law firm that has a long tradition of helping people throughout the Hudson Valley.
I am passionate about the Hudson River. I am a past President of the Hudson River Maritime Museum, a museum dedicated to preservation and education of the maritime heritage of the Hudson River. I am also a past President of the Board of Directors of the Boys and Girls Club of Kingston, a vital community youth organization known as “the positive place for kids”. I am a member of the Ulster County, New York State and American Bar Associations.
My wife and I live in West Hurley with our three children. We enjoy many outdoor pursuits including skiing, sailing, windsurfing, biking and hiking.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Workers' Compensation
- Real Estate
- DWI and vehicle & traffic matters.
- New York, 1987
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York, 1995
- Southwestern University School of Law, Los Angeles, California – 1983
- University of Wyoming, Laramie, Wyoming
Major: Agricultural Economics
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Hudson River Maritime Museum, Past President/Trustee
- Boys & Girls Club of Kingston, Past President/Director
- Ulster County Bar Association, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member